Do I need it?
We recommend Cavilon if:
- Your baby has sensitive skin
- You live in a humid country
- Your baby is older than one month (older babies sweat more than newborns)
- You are having difficulty keeping the tapes dry (splashing in the bath / possetting etc)
What is the difference between Cavilon™ and Medihoney®?
Cavilon Barrier Film is used to prevent skin inflammation beneath the EarBuddies™ splint, behind the ear and beneath the adhesive tapes. The adhesive tapes can be applied on top of this film, once it has dried.
Medihoney is a barrier cream which helps to maintain the skin's barrier properties. It is specially formulated with a range of natural ingredients and is used to soothe and settle at-risk or irritated skin. The adhesive tapes cannot be applied on top of Medihoney cream.
General Directions for use with EarBuddies™
- Skin should be clean and dry prior to application of Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film.
- Hold spray nozzle 10-15 centimetres from skin and apply a smooth, uniform coating of film over the entire area that will be in contact with the EarBuddies™ splints and adhesive tapes.
- If an area is missed, reapply to that area only after first application of Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film has dried (approximately 30 seconds).
- If Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film is applied to the area with skin folds or other skin-to-skin contact, make sure that skin-contact areas are separated to allow the film to thoroughly dry before returning to the normal position.
- When used under adhesive tapes or EarBuddies™ splints, allow Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film to thoroughly dry before applying adhesive tapes. Reapplication of Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film is necessary each time the adhesive tapes are changed as the barrier film is removed by the adhesive.
- If you wish to remove the barrier film, you can use a medical adhesive remover (such as Appeel®).
- Replace cap over spray nozzle when not in use to prevent accidental dispensing.
Indications for Use
Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film is a liquid intended for use as a film-forming product, that upon application to intact or damaged skin forms a long-lasting waterproof barrier, which acts as a protective interface between the skin and bodily wastes, fluids, adhesive products, friction and shear. It is intended as a primary barrier against irritation from body fluids. The product may be used on adults, children, and infants over one month of age. Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film is NOT to be used on infected areas of the skin.
- DANGER! EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE!
- Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film is extremely flammable until it has completely dried on the skin.
- Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film should only be applied when no ignition sources or heat-producing devices are in use.
- Avoid using around flames.
- Use in a well-ventilated area.
- The spray bottle is intended for single patient use.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Store at room temperature.
- Avoid contact with the eye.
- Use of other barrier products, ointments, creams or lotions may significantly reduce its effectiveness.
- Should redness or other signs of irritation persist, even after application of Medihoney, consult a physician.
Ingredients: Hexamethyldisiloxane, isooctane, acrylate terpolymer, polyphenylmethylsiloxane